If any of you or your loved ones are infected with COVID-19, we hope they have a speedy recovery.
We send our very best wishes to you, your family, your employees, your neighbours, and everyone else throughout your community. During these harrowing times we need to help and care for each other.
Although the CSWWC will go ahead this year, recent restrictions (quite rightly) imposed by the government make it logistically impossible for us to maintain a May/June judging schedule and it will be equally impossible for many of you to ship your wines to us in time. Tom has therefore made the decision to postpone the judging. Once that decision had been made, he looked at how long other events had been postponed and came to the conclusion that some of the proposed new dates were overly optimistic. He therefore worked backwards from the Awards Dinner to ascertain the very latest date the CSWWC could be postponed to, which is as follows:
- 11th September (Deadline for all 2020 entries)
- 25th September (Deadline for samples to be delivered to Sensible Wine Services
- 26th October – 6th November (Judging takes place)
- November (Medal Results announced)
- 15th December (CSWWC Awards Dinner)
- All entries already made will remain valid.
- All samples already received will be carefully stored by Sensible Wine Services.
- We would like to emphasise that you CAN still make new entries any time (maybe a perfect time during isolation?)
- But we recommend holding off sending any further samples until the global situation has eased (don’t worry, we will send out a timely reminder well before the deadline).
- Bulk-entries will operate right up to the entry deadline (contact Eva, if anyone has any questions firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Early-Bird discount has been extended until 11th July.
When she said Champagne, I am sure she meant Bollinger, so while the champenois can assume it to mean their own brand of Champagne, other producers around the world can replace the word with whatever they like, but the sentiment remains the same!