2016 Championships entries are now open!
Full results and tasting notes from the CSWWC 2015 can now be found in the definitive guide to the best sparkling wines currently available on the planet: Tom Stevenson’s Champagne Sparkling Wine Guide 2016. Colour softback, black & white softback and Kindle editions are available from Amazon (click and scroll down).
The Niche Competition That Trade & Consumers Trust
Launched by the Champagne and sparkling wine writer and author Tom Stevenson, with the indispensable support and expertise of Essi Avellan MW and Dr Tony Jordan, the CSWWC is the first and only terroir-driven competition judged exclusively by internationally renowned Champagne & sparkling wine experts.
Open to effervescing wines of every style produced anywhere on the planet, all wines entered into the CSWWC are judged blind and evaluated strictly within the context of their origin and style.
The wines are judged to be Gold, Silver, Bronze, Commended, and No Award, but that is not good enough, so we took a leaf out of the champenois book. What makes a vintage better? Strict selection. After judging, we select only the very best as winners, rejecting Bronze and lower awards. For Deluxe Champagnes we even classify Silver medal wines as failures.
No competition in the world is as tough as this, and with three internationally renowned Champagne & sparkling wine specialists agreeing every medal awarded, no other global competition can match The Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championships for consistency and accuracy of judging.
New for 2016:
CSWWC Global Shipping Service
The CSWWC has joined forces with Hellmann Beverage Logistics to offer fixed-price consolidated shipping at a cost of £45 within the EU and £65 outside the EU. The service is available to producers shipping from Australia, Austria, Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, South Africa, Spain and the USA. Click here for further details.
Showcase tasting for Medal-winning wines, 26th October
To promote CSWWC 2016 Silver, Gold, Best in Class and Trophy winning wines, producers will be invited to participate in a new Showcase Tasting in London on 26th October 2016 for trade and press – in conjunction with FIZZ Sparkling Wine Show.
The 2016 Schedule
- 7th December 2015 – Online entries open
- 15th April 2016 – Deadline for online entries
- 29th April 2016 – Last date for bottles to arrive at SWS
- 30th May 2016 – Judging commences
- July 2016 – Medal results announced
- 1st September 2016 – CSWWC 2016 Awards Dinner
- September 2016 – Trophy Results and tasting notes in The World of Fine Wine
- October 2016 – Gold & Silver medal tasting notes published in Tom Stevenson’s Champagne & Sparkling Wine Guide 2017 (Colour Softback, B&W Softback and Kindle editions – see here for the 2016 edition)
- 26th October 2016 – Showcase tasting in London